In December of 2016 we began running a monthly Artella Pipeline workshop. This workshop led us to create a special “skill” badge that we give to community members who complete the workshop; “Artella Specialist”.
We’ve had some questions around what an Artella Specialist does and how project creators can utilize them. Let’s take a look.
WHAT DOES AN ARTELLA SPECIALIST DO?
Someone with the Artella Specialist badge goes through a two-week workshop where they learn the ins-and-outs of our animation production pipeline.
- They learn how our pipeline works from asset development all the way through to final output of a project.
- They learn how to onboard project crew members into the pipeline and what they will need to learn, and not learn, about their production workflow.
- They learn how to trouble shoot common issues and fix clutter that may arise as the result of people not following the workflow.
- How to bring in existing files into Artella so crews can transition their projects from other services such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Artella Specialists provide a sense of ease to project creators knowing that they are moving their production forward in the best way possible so they can stay focused on the creative aspects.
For the more technically inclined creators, we recommend you go through the workshop so you have a full understanding of the production workflow and what it’s capable of.
HOW DO I FIND ARTELLA SPECIALISTS?
- Go to the Talent page and type in “Artella Specialist” into the filter options. This will give you a list of all the certified specialists in the community.
I’M A CREATOR. HOW DO I GET A SPECIALIST TO WORK ON MY PROJECT?
- After you have filtered to find the Artella Specialists (above) click on their profiles to learn more about this person.
- Check to see if they are available for work (listed on their profile page) and, if so, send them a private message – do this before clicking the “Invite to Project” button as you want to make sure they are interested in your project and are indeed available.
- Once you’ve made a connection with a specialist you can click the “Invite to Project” button on their profile page. You will receive an Artella message when they have accepted your offer.
- Then they are on your project and you’re ready to go!
HOW CAN I BECOME AN ARTELLA SPECIALIST?
Our next workshop starts Monday, March 20th and opens for applications today. If you’d like to learn the Artella pipeline and become a specialist to help projects come to life then check out the overview page here.